D.Parkers & Son’s
A little history from D. Parkers & Son’s
Frank Parker, the current owner Daniel’s great grandfather, originally started the family butchers based in Central Avenue Wallington in 1931. Frank had previously worked with his father Henry in the family’s shop in West Street Carshalton before moving to the brand new High View Estate.
Daniel’s grandfather Derreck joined his father after the war to become a partner in F. Parker & Son supplying meat to the locals.
Daniels father Peter left school in 1964 and joined Derreck in the family business later to become a partner and the company was renamed D Parker & Son. This new partnership including Daniel’s mother Lyn then ventured into the, Deep Freeze supply business and delivered ready frozen quality meat across South London and Surrey. The first recession and peoples changing eating habits greatly reduced business so Peter had to look at other possibilities.
It was decided to approach the establishments where people were now eating; golf clubs pubs, restaurants nursing homes and then schools delivering daily by refrigerated vans.
In 1997 Peter’s son Daniel joined the business, became a partner and together they built up one of the most successful catering supply butchers in the south.
In 2011 Peter and Lyn retired with Daniel and his partner Victoria taking over the company. They have continued the company growth by adding many more clients and upgrading the premises in Central Avenue to full EEC standards.
Throughout the history of the family business the emphasis has always been on quality and personal service”
Address: 4 Central Avenue, Wallington, SM6 8NX
Phone: 020 8688 6416